Thursday, May 25, 2023

Folke Museum

  We began the tour in the village where we were shown how each house was divided. Wealth was very important to the families as it defines how large their house would be. Seeing the two story houses you could put together the wealth between the two families that would occupy the homes and the food and storage area. 

We went and visited where the animals lived. It was interesting seeing the size of a cow compared to todays cow. The families would use all parts of the cow.

The modern home- seeing the fireplace in the corner and the windows showed the wealth of the home owners. I enjoyed learning that the wealthier, the more windows. The windows cost more than the home. 

I enjoyed the church and the graphics in the church such as the explanation of the wealth class depicted how close you were to the priest.

Going onward by ourselves allowed pace to be changed, we took time to explore different homes, storage buildings. I felt as if I could imagine the types of people that would have occupied the town as the buildings had the actors that acted almost as if from that time. 

The apartment complex- Wessel 15. The building was a tad confusing at first and I began to understand what the meaning was after taking more time to understand the time period. The levels grew with technology and I felt the third floor was the closest to my age group. The overall experience was a change of pace compared to the building we had just spent time in.

Overall, I enjoyed this museum. I believe the tour guide was very calm and did not talk too fast or too slow which helped me feel I understood the time period more accurately. The buildings were well preserved and the campus is dearly cared for as I have not seen actors in a museum before.


1 comment:

  1. I also enjoyed the tour guide that we had. I found it interesting that they would only allow the rich to be close to the priest even though everyone should be able to, but it’s understandable because the more money you have the more power you have. I also liked the design on the church and thought it was interesting how on the poles on the female side would have graffiti on it

    ReplyDelete

SREF Project day

SREF Project day Today I had the luxury of exploring Munich with some classmates and go to some cool museums. The first museum that we went ...